Mi Historia

After fighting a battle with a childhood cancer, I looked infertility in the face and stared at it for the next 15 years. I received Egg Donation IVF in Feb 2007 in Spain My story starts in January and as I am crap with technology you have to scroll right to the bottom each month to the beginning of that month. Happy reading I hope it helps in some way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Diagnosed with Secondary Breast Cancer in 2016, single mother to an 8 year old girl...lets see where this leads me then!!

Monday 30 April 2007

Off the Drugs.........


It's official, I am 32 today and off the hormones that have been maintaining my pregnancy thus far. Never thought I would get to this point, pondered today about being pregnant, the amount of years I thought about how much I wanted it and now I am here with a pregnancy, and I still can't believe it. Perhaps the best birthday present ever and not being maintained by horse urine anymore, me and bean are hopefully making our own hormones via the placenta, really is amazing isn't it. The will of nature to maintain a pregnancy despite the mother being a baron landscape regarding female hormones, a little bump start from a pack of pills and pessaries and a fully working pregnancy is in progress.

Unbelievable, really, unbelievable.

I am not going to get too comfy though, although it is hard when you have passed the 12 week mark, you allow yourself that extra bit of hope and pleasure. I told my friends, they were all very happy for us and one friend was very shocked as he knows full well all of my medical history. The nice thing is I feel so much that the baby is ours, despite the donor eggs, I truly feel the baby is part of me.


I was worried I wouldn't feel like that.


I had some spotting yesterday but that was after a late night out with friends so wonder whether that had something to do with it? (not sure about that but you never know, maybe bean was protesting).

Had little weird feelings in stomach area, not really pain but aches and strange things going on.

Can't wait until Friday and the scan and the meeting with the Obs.

Hopefully bean will hang on in there.

x








pregnancy calendar

Nursing Bras at Nurtured Family

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Hit Counter
Free Counter