Mi Historia

After fighting a battle with a childhood cancer, I looked infertility in the face and stared at it for the next 15 years. I received Egg Donation IVF in Feb 2007 in Spain My story starts in January and as I am crap with technology you have to scroll right to the bottom each month to the beginning of that month. Happy reading I hope it helps in some way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Diagnosed with Secondary Breast Cancer in 2016, single mother to an 8 year old girl...lets see where this leads me then!!

Thursday 8 March 2007

Lethargic worry


Today I could sleep for England if it wasn't for the fact I was worried this morning.
Mild brown spotting at the beginning of the 5th week. Google has a lot to say about that, most of which consists of, 'normal in the first trimester'.
Doesn't stop you from having a twinge of panic, coupled with the fact I really couldn't face work today. I decided I could not leave my bed and phoned in sick.
Bed felt so good, the duvet was my nirvana albeit a naughty skivey one.
I discussed with G the spotting and wound myself up again and decided to get a pregnancy test to see how strong the line was.
Jeans on over pyjamas I sluggishly make my way to the chemist.
They flashed me a look over their bi focals that resembled a 'are you living on the streets?' look. I don't blame them, in a woollen hat and jumper in ill fitting lumpy jeans on a spring day, I would of thought the same.
A line struggles to appear but eventually does.
So now I officially worry and email Spain.
The HCG should of risen thus giving way for a pink beacon of a pink line to be captured by hubble surely?
Ruth advises me to have another HCG blood test just to make sure everything is progressing as it should. 'To hopefully reassure me'.
The 'oh so familiar' lime green sofas have been moved around the waiting room as if to trick me or make it seem that a greater length of time has passed rather than just a week.
'Oooooh hello hows things going?' the beaming blood lady has now upgraded herself to some blue pyjamas. Confessing as she tournequayed my arm, that she was a white witch and had a good feeling about me as she drained me of a little more blood.....
'yes you had good veins didn't you' 'You'll make a lovely mummy' she quipped.
I do feel so dreadfully tired and boobs are still very sore so am hoping this is a good sign, although you never know if fate as a wake up call lined up for you. A little reminder that life can also be exceedingly crap at times.
XXX
PS thanks for messages can you (broken) send me you blog address if you have one. Hope all is on the move for you I replied to you through my comments link, still haven't worked out how to use blogging things yet.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinking good thoughts for you and your baby (or baby-to-be) :) Be well.

8 March 2007 at 09:51  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello there!
oh geez, the brown blood. I have been pregnant before, and I spotted brown blood until I was about 14 weeks along. That pregnancy ended in what is now a four year old little girl. So please don't worry too much. But at the same time I can tell you that I worried NONSTOP so I know you will anyway.
I'm glad you went to get another beta. Please please please let me know as soon as you find out.
The waiting is horrible. I'm so sorry you are going through this.
My blog is www.brokeneggs.wordpress.com
and I blog about non donor eggs stuff at
www.backyardmusings.wordpress.com
hugs to you
rae

8 March 2007 at 10:42  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm so worried about you.......please do update me.
rae
www.brokeneggs.wordpress.com

9 March 2007 at 07:58  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Hit Counter
Free Counter