Mi Historia

After fighting a battle with a childhood cancer, I looked infertility in the face and stared at it for the next 15 years. I received Egg Donation IVF in Feb 2007 in Spain My story starts in January and as I am crap with technology you have to scroll right to the bottom each month to the beginning of that month. Happy reading I hope it helps in some way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Diagnosed with Secondary Breast Cancer in 2016, single mother to an 8 year old girl...lets see where this leads me then!!

Friday 4 May 2007

kicking back at 13 weeks and 1 whole day!

I left work driving with a niggling worry about the scan fearing that there will be something to burst the pregnancy bubble.

I arrived clutching my little history bundle under my arm, relieved to of recieved a full medical report from GOSH, explaining to whoever read it, in no uncertain terms, that I should be handled with kid gloves as bits of me may stop working or drop off, or out.

(possible later cardiac problems and kidney stuff), oh I am just a bundle of previous health disasters and no doubt the OBs placed his head in his hands and grabbed the nearest pen with the most ink after reading my little back catalogue.

Anyway, we saw bean, lying there with legs crossed in full relaxation mode looking very at home almost expected to see him/her with headphones on tapping a toe to Mika or something I am sure I saw a little wave.

So the old uterus is keeping a cosy hotel going, the pillows are plumped and the hot tubs free ( even saw bean drinking some of the fluid, little open and close of mouth, amazing).

So far so good, the obs said I am to be scanned every month, which is reassuring, apparently when I get to 28 weeks I need to have the old ticker looked at (maybe I could get signed off of work so I can just be with my bump at home)!

Regardless of future things, Obs said that at this point with the scan results etc there is for most, a 90% success, but obviously for me will be slightly less.


But G and I have allowed for some optimism to creep in.

Have begun discussing whose surname bean would have now, sort of thinking after heavy debate we should of had this conversation a while ago!

Fingers continually crossed.



pregnancy calendar

Nursing Bras at Nurtured Family

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got mine crossed too!

xx

5 May 2007 at 00:27  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Hit Counter
Free Counter