Mi Historia

After fighting a battle with a childhood cancer, I looked infertility in the face and stared at it for the next 15 years. I received Egg Donation IVF in Feb 2007 in Spain My story starts in January and as I am crap with technology you have to scroll right to the bottom each month to the beginning of that month. Happy reading I hope it helps in some way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Diagnosed with Secondary Breast Cancer in 2016, single mother to an 8 year old girl...lets see where this leads me then!!

Friday 16 November 2007

Special Delivery 39+5

Our baby P was born 7.11.07 after a pretty text book labour on gas and air. Unfortunately while in the pool my temperature went up and I had no urge to push while fully dilated, I pushed regardless willing baby out into the world but it just wasn't happening, so the midwife put me on syntocin to encourage stronger contractions but in the end it was decided to go for an emergency c section as she was getting distressed I was losing blood and she was back to back, and then in the ealry hours of the morning our little P was born, her big eyes stared up at me as I lay in theatre, she stared at me wrapped in a towel clutched in my shaking arms I stared at her I look back at this moment as the most amazing of my life. G and P were whisked off to have skin to skin as I got stitched back up. I was then wheeled back for my time with P, straight to the breast our daughter suckled and so she has remained since.

She is undoubtedly our daughter and the strange thing is all the nurses said how she looked like me and she even has a birthmark in exactly the same place as I do. I love her with all of my heart, and I love G more than ever for his support during a long labour. All of this amazing journey has been worth every magical moment. I still hold part of me that casts my mind to the genetics, I do however have the deepest gratitude and overwhelming feeling of sisterhood for the woman who donated her eggs to us so that baby P can be with us today. Everything feels so right and hotel uterus deserves a medal, I am alomst ashamed of my doubts that it would come shining through bringing our baby into the world, it is hard to describe the amazing love feeling that has engulfed me like a tidal wave, a love I have never felt before and can only put it down to that of a mother for her child.


Our beautiful P.

The next chapter to having baby P continues in a seperate blog 'Viva la Madre' Life after having an ED child.

www.beinganedmother.blogspot.com



pregnancy calendarNursing Bras at Nurtured Family

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your post made me cry my eyes out. i hope you don't mind if i quote you on my blog. you are such an inspiration. i remember the day i found your blog, and the way i felt when i realized donor egg could really make my dreams come true. cancer can steal our ovaries, but it cannot steal our dreams. all my love.
rae
www.brokeneggs.wordpress.com

4 December 2007 at 13:08  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Hit Counter
Free Counter