Mi Historia

After fighting a battle with a childhood cancer, I looked infertility in the face and stared at it for the next 15 years. I received Egg Donation IVF in Feb 2007 in Spain My story starts in January and as I am crap with technology you have to scroll right to the bottom each month to the beginning of that month. Happy reading I hope it helps in some way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Diagnosed with Secondary Breast Cancer in 2016, single mother to an 8 year old girl...lets see where this leads me then!!

Sunday 26 August 2007

The breast I can do apparently. 29 weeks.


So the UCLH replied to my letter asking about breast feeding after the pregnancy. I thought perhaps that once the pregnancy was over and the baby was born my hormones would go back to nothing and I may not be able to breast feed and the baby blues would be a tidal wave of despair.


Apparently according to the consultant I liase with, she advised that perhaps after 6 weeks once breast feeding has been established that I could have a hormone patch for HRT and that I could arrange an appointment for this if I wanted, which was very re assuring. Apparently cancer survivors/menopausal women who have had egg donation IVF still can breast feed. Although she did say that it is not particularly easy the first time round for anyone! At least I could give it a shot though.
Totally irrelevant but baby has been quite quiet today, thank goodness for my doppler, could reccomend to anyone who may feel that they might worry through a pregnancy to get one off ebay!
May drink some coffee later and some ice cream apparently that can get baby shifting about.
x



pregnancy calendar
Nursing Bras at Nurtured Family

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Hit Counter
Free Counter