Mi Historia

After fighting a battle with a childhood cancer, I looked infertility in the face and stared at it for the next 15 years. I received Egg Donation IVF in Feb 2007 in Spain My story starts in January and as I am crap with technology you have to scroll right to the bottom each month to the beginning of that month. Happy reading I hope it helps in some way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Diagnosed with Secondary Breast Cancer in 2016, single mother to an 8 year old girl...lets see where this leads me then!!

Friday 2 February 2007

IVF Travel Solutions



Spoke to our travel contact last night, he called, as I was pouring myself a large glass of wine, full of a throat infection, feeling under the weather, determind not to infuse my ueterus with paracetemol or anything too chemical based.



'So did you want to go ahead with the hotel with the side sea view and breakfast option, you know you can always use the sister hotels spa facilities and indulge in the heated pool'



All of this is a distraction from the fact that I will be desperately trying to hold on to an embryo inside of me, the luxury treatment helps, the fact that the hotel does a fantastic breakfast and all the high flying business contacts our travel co ordinator has, raves about it, there is no getting around the fact I am so uncertain of the future at this point and am desperately trying to find solice in the fact I may consume some fresh melon in the mornings.



'See you a week Sunday then!' he said in a jolly -sub-text-of-how-should-I-sound kind of way.



My boyfriend wanted to watch the film 'Jack and Sarah' last night, as it was his birthday I could hardly say no.
I could feel the motherly instinct tugging at my soul while we watched it, my mind in an attempt to keep my feet on the ground in retaliation tried to think of work, having my eyebrows plucked and walking on pins, but all I wanted to do was reach into the tv and give the cute little baby a nurturing hug.



I woke this morning to the sound of children going to school, my boyfriend, (g) slurped his tea and casually pondered what school they were going to and wondered was it any good. I wanted to scream at him 'DON'T SAY IT......WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING' my equilibrium is teetering on the brink.



The coming week is going to be the longest one in the history of my life, I am trying to refrain from emailing Spain everyday, the donor still hasn't started her meds which means there could be delays, she should of started them today weirdly on the night of a full moon meaning her cycle is inline with the cycle of the moon (sort of, I am trying to harness as much nature in my mind as possible even though what I will be doing is going against every grain of nature there is, but I guess there are just some things you have got to have), I informed my employer a couple of weeks ago of our plans I am hoping I will not have to pool on her empathetic resource, she has been a great support, albeit not quite sure how she was supposed to react, she mustered 'congratulations' through a nervous grimace and beads of perspiration when I told her what would be happening in half term, the fact I was planning far more than she was expecting me to plan for the next half of the spring term.

Come on moon, get the flow of nature moving, if you can do the entire water content of the planet surely you can do one little egg cycle. Pleeeeeease.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Hit Counter
Free Counter